Friday, April 26, 2013

Doesn't everyone?

I love Nathan. His friendship is a gift to me through my brother. He has such a good heart and he makes everyone smile. We made the trip to visit with him last October and he graciously housed my family and me for a weekend. It doesn't sound like much, but I know that meant preparing three bedrooms in order to accommodate all of us. It also meant he gave up his own bedroom and slept on an inflatable mattress the weekend we were there. He arranged activities for my girls and toted us around as we visited with new friends. And he happily did it all.


Nathan's bowl
I called him a couple of weeks before our visit to finalize details. When I asked him what he was doing he said he was ironing the bed sheets in preparation for our stay. "Really? You do that?" I asked. "Well doesn't everyone?" He joked.

When we visited I decided what decorative something I would make for his home. I text him a photo saying, "I hope you like this bowl because I etched 'for Nathan' on the bottom and you're the only Nathan I know!" He replied,"It's beautiful! I love it! But I know that you are aware, that I spell it NATHEN, with a hyphen. Lol." I called him in a panic telling him there's no taking it back and I guess no one better turn it over! He laughed. He got me!

No comments: